Updated Spring Semester Deadlines
On January 17, Motlow State announced:
- There will be no student on-campus classes Thursday, January 18. This includes evening classes.
- However, staff will observe a delayed start and will open at noon. Faculty don't need to report.
- Online classes will take place as scheduled.
- Friday, January 19, students/staff/faculty are to return to normal schedules.
- Friday, January 19, is the last day to take new student orientation for the spring semester. Orientation details
Class Registration, Payment, Deletion
The fee payment deadline has been extended for students with existing spring semester schedules. The new payment deadline is Friday, Jan. 19, by 4:30 p.m. for those paying in-person, and 10p.m. for those paying online. Registration for spring semester will continue through Monday, Jan. 22, and payment for newly added classes is required at the time of registration. Deletion of unpaid students from class rosters (otherwise known as purge) will continue to occur each night through Jan. 22 and likely create new openings in some classes. Students are encouraged to continue to check for newly available seats in classes they may need, and can register online if they pay online at the time of registration.
Friday and Saturday's schedule for the Motlow Bookstores is as follows:
- Moore County is open Friday, January 19th from 7:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. and Saturday, January 20th from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Smyrna is open Friday, January 19th from 7:30 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. and Saturday, January 20th from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- McMinnville is open Friday, January 19th from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Financial Aid use in the Bookstore has been extended until Saturday, January 20th (this is only for students who have received an email from the Business Office indicating eligibility.) Since all locations are not open Saturday, it is best to purchase your books by Friday if you are able to use this method of payment.
Missed coursework resulting from this week’s closings will be addressed at the discretion of faculty. Students are responsible for obtaining the information presented in any class they are not able to attend and for making up missed work in keeping with the instructor’s directions.
Use Good Judgement
Please use your best judgment as to whether it is safe for you to travel. Those who cannot travel or who foresee an additional delay in their arrival should notify their instructor or immediate supervisor. When you arrive, please be extremely careful due to possible ice on the parking lots and sidewalks. Only walk on cleared paths to main building entrances.
A note about Dual Enrollment
If Motlow is in session, and Dual Enrollment students have classes on one of our campuses, they need to attend.
Students and staff are encouraged to continue to stay abreast of any unforeseen additional schedule changes via Motlow Alerts, the Motlow website home page, and the Motlow Official Facebook page and Twitter page. Note: when seeking information on Motlow’s Facebook page, students and staff are advised to ensure they reference the Motlow Official Facebook page (@MotlowOfficial).
To sign-up for text and email notifications from Motlow Alerts.
Motlow Schedule Summary
- January 18: No classes. Staff arrive at noon (please lunch prior to arrival). Students are welcome on campus to address business/account needs.
- January 19: Normal class and normal business day
- January 22: Final Day for adding classes; final day for payment.
- January 17-22: Student deletion for non-payment (purge) occurs nightly.